Monday, December 11, 2006

Vina settles ‘Borgy issue’ with a big slap!

The Philippine Star reports on Vina and Borgy "big slap issue"

It was bound to happen, considering the small circle they move in, sooner or later. It happened, well, sooner.

Sunday night, the paths of Vina Morales and Borgy Manotoc did cross and what a resounding encounter it was!

As you must have known by now, Vina has been, to borrow irate Sen. Miriam’s words, "foaming in the mouth" after Borgy named her among the three famous women he said he had gone to bed with (also including German model Lana Asanin and starlet Victoria London) on the Forbidden Questions portion of DJ Mo Twister’s program on Magic 89.9 (Monday through Thursday, 6 to 9 a.m.).

"Of course, I know who Borgy Manotoc is," Vina had told Funfare, "who doesn’t? But I’m not close to him. Hanggang ‘Hi!’ and ‘Hello!’ lang kami. No, I’ve never gone to bed with him!"

Anyway, their chance encounter happened at Greenbelt where Vina and her Chinese boyfriend went to watch a movie Happy Feet. While her boyfriend was parking the car, Vina went ahead to buy tickets, accompanied by her boyfriend’s bodyguard. Guess who Vina saw near the box office, engrossed in a video game at the nearby Timezone – yes, Borgy and his girlfriend Ornussa Cadness!

Not losing a minute, Vina marched toward Borgy and confronted him.

The exchange happened this way, more or less:

Vina: Why did you say that I went to bed with you?

Borgy: Oh, it was just a joke!

Vina: A joke – at my expense?

Borgy: I’m sorry. It was really just a joke which went out of proportion.

Vina: How dare you make a such a bad joke!

Borgy: I’m sorry. Please don’t do this in a public place!

Vina: What did you say? Didn’t you make that bad joke in a public venue, on radio?

As Borgy kept saying, "I’m sorry!", Vina delivered a big slap across his face, making his mouth bleed.

Being a gentleman (I believe he is), Borgy just kept saying, "I’m sorry!" while Ornussa and Vina’s boyfriend’s bodyguard stood by.

Then, Vina’s boyfriend arrived and asked what was the matter.

"I can handle this," Vina assured him.

Before they parted, Vina and Borgy let bygones be bygones by giving each other a hug.

Asked by Funfare yesterday why she did it, Vina said, "It had been more than a week since the controversy broke out; I’ve all over television, hurting, but Borgy never said a word. Not even a call or a text message to apologize. I was worried that people were starting to believe that I really went to bed with him."

Asked further how she felt after the incident, Vina said, "Relieved! I’d been hurting...I needed my name to be cleared. No, I have no regrets that I did it."

Would she still file a slander case against Borgy as planned?

"I don’t think so," said Vina who acted as "judge" and delivered a reverberating "verdict."

Now, who’s to blame for untoward incidents like this...for celebrities being pitted against one another? DJ Mo Twister and his "forbidden questions"? I don’t think so. As Mo said, "I only ask the questions. It’s my guests who give the answers."

Could it be the guest celebrities who are presumably desperate for attention and publicity? Or, perhaps, for the sake of, as Borgy told Vina, simply "joking?" What do you think?

Okay, so the case between Vina and Borgy is closed.

All’s well that ends well?

Oh, well...


I guess Vina is telling the truth...

No comments: